About 1 week ago, there was news that the current Chief of Army Major-General Chan Chun Sing had "Retired" from Army and Retired Army General Brigadier-General (NS) Ravinder Singh had to be activated to become the new Army Chief...... What a typical army working style, letting other people clearing his shits. Is joining army for scholars a fast track to a life long job security and a guaranteed path to politics?
(Source: Mindef. Major-General Chan Chun Sing now "Retired")
I am questioning the MG Chan's motive to join the PAP as a candidate, does he have no sense of duty as Army Chief or he knows from the beginning from the moment he got the President's Scholarship that years later from then, he had arrived; leaving the Army, joining the PAP, becoming a MP, then a Minister drawing a million dollars salary? Or becoming PAP's so called 4th Gen Leaders?
I will have more respect for MG (NS) Chan if he were to tell his political master the PAP that he should, as a PROFESSIONAL SOLDIER is to responsibility discharged his duty as Army Chief and fully complete his tour of duty and then join politics in the next election. After all he is only 41 years old, he's not 51 or 61 this year.
(Source: Mindef. Brigadier-General Ravinder Singh, was he sidelined for Army Chief because he is capable but a non President's scholar?)
Singaporeans have to decide for themselves if they want this sort of politics using their votes. If he comes to my GRC and there is a contest, I will not vote for his team at all nor other PAP teams.
I had enough of the propaganda by the ruling party about how great are they. I just remembered the number of uncontrolled foreigners were let into Singapore to fight with Singaporeans for jobs that Singaporeans WANTED TO DO. Sky rocketed prices for new flats and private properties. Tons of China men and women clogging up our system and not to forget the Billions lost by Temasek and GIC.
Looking at the wiki listing on the whos who of Singapore President's scholars, there seem to be one more of such President's scholars emerging for Politics:
* Low Pat Chin
* Patrick Tan Boon Ooi - A*STAR Principle Investigator, Research Group Leader
* Marion-Magaret Aw - Professor of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, and Senior Consultant Paediatrician, University Children's Medical Institute (UCMI), National University Health System (NUHS), Singapore
* Chan Chun Sing - "Retired" Chief of Singapore Army
* Denise Goh Li-Meng - Associate Professor of Paediatric Genetics and Metabolic Medicine, and Senior Consultant Paediatrician, University Children's Medical Institute (UCMI), National University Health System (NUHS), Singapore
* Hoo Sheau Peng
* Lee Seow Hiang - CEO, Changi Airport Group (Possible another Lee coming to politics?)
* Lynette Shek Pei-Chi - Associate Professor of Paediatric Allergy, Immunology & Rheumatology and Senior Consultant Paediatrician, University Children's Medical Institute, National University Health System, Singapore
* Ng Chee Peng (Current Chief Navy)
IMO, Lee Seow Hiang was one such candidates that PAP been looking for. Not sure if he was related to the MM Lee or PM Lee but either he is related or not, will such Scholar background MPs or ministers able to implement policies for the people or voice out THEIR CONSTITUENTS' concerns to the government such as the overwhelming foreigners (North Indians and Chinese from China) coming to work and live in Singapore, sky-high HDB Flats prices and the cheapness of a Singapore Pink IC?
(Source: Changi Airport Group)
One thing about President's Scholars is that in a typical President's Scholar vs non President's Scholars, President's Scholars always win no matter what.
For example, in Army War games, President's Scholar Generals always wins no matter how experienced his opponents are. Reason? Simply because he is a President Scholars. I am sure that when Lee Seow Hiang was a CO in one of the Air Force units and during the Best Fighting unit competitions, he sure had won hands down! No doubt about that!